About Zed Books
Zed Books is a critical and dynamic publisher, committed to increasing awareness of important international issues and to promoting diversity, alternative voices and progressive social change. We publish on politics, development, gender, the environment and economics for a global audience of students, academics, activist and general readers. Run as a co-operative, we aim to operate in an ethical and environmentally sustainable way.
For up-to-date news, articles, reviews and events information visit: http://zed-books.blogspot.com
To subscribe to our monthly E-Newsletter: email@example.com
We can also be found on Facebook, ZNet, Twitter and Library Thing.
7 Cynthia Street
London N1 9JF
Tel: +44 (0)20 7837 4014 / +44(0)20 7837 8466
Fax: +44 (0)20 7833 3960
Zed Blog: http://zed-books.blogspot.com/
JOB VACANCY - ACADEMIC MARKETING MANAGER
£33,000 per annum
We are looking for a new member and co-owner of the Zed Books co-operative who will contribute to the shaping and delivery of our new publishing strategy. As Academic Marketing Manager you will have:
• Strong background and proven success in academic marketing in the humanities and social sciences
• Good knowledge of digital and library marketing
• Proven success in marketing digital products
• Experience of digital asset and content management
• Commitment to the ethos and values of Zed Books
Zed Books is a critical publisher, committed to increasing awareness of important international issues and to promoting diversity, alternative voices and progressive social change. We publish on politics, development, gender, the environment and economics for a global audience of students, academics, activist and general readers. Run as a co-operative, we aim to operate in an ethical and environmentally sustainable way.
Please send a CV and covering letter to Kim.Walker@zedbooks.net by 12 noon, 29th September.
INTERNSHIP VACANCY - MARKETING AND PUBLICITY
October 2014 - April 2015
£15,000 per annum, plus £500 training bursary
A 6 month paid internship scheme in the Zed Books marketing and publicity department. The Marketing and Publicity Intern will work closely with the all members of the department, supporting the team by taking on a varied and challenging array of tasks.
Assistance with events planning
Working on our social media platforms
Assisting with publicity mailings
Helping to prepare marketing materials
Assisting the Marketing department with administrative tasks
Internet research for a variety of marketing tasks
For a full job description and application form, please see the attachments below.
Please send a CV and application form to firstname.lastname@example.org by 12 noon, 22nd September.
- Launch invitation: Feminism and Men by Nikki van der Gaag - is there a place for men in the feminist story?
- TEASER TRAILER: Europe On The Brink; Debt Crisis and Dissent in the European Periphery
- ASSATA: AN AUTOBIOGRAPHY - Launch event round-up!
- COMPETITION - win a limited edition Assata Tee and a copy of 'Assata: An Autobiography'!
- WATCH: The End of Capitalism: Robert Wade, Pippa Malmgren and Pnina Werbner debate