About Zed Books
Zed Books is a critical and dynamic publisher, committed to increasing awareness of important international issues and to promoting diversity, alternative voices and progressive social change. We publish on politics, development, gender, the environment and economics for a global audience of students, academics, activist and general readers. Run as a co-operative, we aim to operate in an ethical and environmentally sustainable way.
For up-to-date news, articles, reviews and events information visit: http://zed-books.blogspot.com
To subscribe to our monthly E-Newsletter: email@example.com
We can also be found on Facebook, ZNet, Twitter and Library Thing.
7 Cynthia Street
London N1 9JF
Tel: +44 (0)20 7837 4014 / +44(0)20 7837 8466
Fax: +44 (0)20 7833 3960
Zed Blog: http://zed-books.blogspot.com/
EDITORIAL INTERN | Fixed term, 6 month contract | £15,000 pro rata plus £500 training grant
Company: Zed Books Location: London Address: 7 Cynthia Street City: London Postcode: N1 9JF
Zed Books is recruiting for its 6 month paid internship scheme in its editorial department. The Editorial Intern works closely with all three editors, supporting the team by taking on a varied and challenging array of tasks.
You will be educated to degree level, very well organised and have the ability to balance a varied workload. You will have a proven interest in publishing and specifically editorial work, office-based experience and a basic understanding of MS Office. An interest in Zed’s list and politics would be a distinct advantage.
About Zed Books:
Zed Books is a critical publisher, committed to increasing awareness of important international issues and to promoting diversity, alternative voices and progressive social change. We publish on politics, development, gender, the environment and economics for a global audience of students, academics, activists and general readers. Run as a workers' co-operative, Zed Books aims to operate in an ethical and environmentally sustainable way.
- Research and coordinate the sourcing of endorsements
- Administrating proposal and manuscript reviews
- Coordinate contributor contracts and author questionnaires
- Assist editors with conference research and attend conferences when called upon
- Assist editors with campus calling research
- Prepare proposals for fortnightly proposal meetings as requested
- Prepare production handovers as requested
- Prepare design briefs for jackets under supervision
- Organize payment for external proposal and manuscript reviews
- Turn down proposals Zed does not want to pursue
- Database management and maintenance
- General research and support
- Helping with publicity events and sales
Salary: £15,000 pro rata plus £500 training grant
Closing date: 14 Apr 2014
Application forms to Kika Sroka-Miller - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Win tickets for the 'Critique, Influence, Change' debate at HowtheLightGetsIn!
- The night we re-built the left (or made a start anyway...): video highlights of the Critique, Influence, Change launch
- Critique, Influence, Change series launch event highlights
- Growth for who, George?
- The candle-lit bunker book launch of Max Haiven's 'Crises of Imagination, Crises of Power'